[Live-devel] QuickTime does not work with proxyServer program

Rafael Gil rafael.gdm at vaelsys.com
Fri Dec 28 02:08:47 PST 2012

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer. You are right: when QuickTime is configured to
run RTSP over UDP it seems to work fine. Unfortunately I need it to be TCP
or HTTP as I'm planning to use connections over a WAN 3G network where UDP
traffic may not be allowed. Is there a way to be 100% sure this is a player
issue?  Which other players do you suggest? I tried VLC but the Web plugin
does not seems to be very stable...

The other solution, setting reclamationTestSeconds to 0, does not seems to
work. In fact, it ends very bad as the program terminates unexpectedly (see
attached log). Any ideas on this one?

Is QT supposed to work over HTTP? I mean, has this been tested?

Regards

Rafael Gil
Vaelsys