[Live-devel] QuickTime does not work with proxyServer program

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Dec 28 03:34:52 PST 2012

> I tried VLC but the Web plugin does not seems to be very stable...

Why don't you ask VLC about this?

> The other solution, setting reclamationTestSeconds to 0, does not seems to work. In fact, it ends very bad as the program terminates unexpectedly (see attached log). Any ideas on this one?

This might be an independent bug.  I'm currently investigating this.

> Is QT supposed to work over HTTP?

I presume so; however, I'm not Apple.  Only Apple knows why QuickTime Player is apparently not sending RTCP "RR" packets.  If you want to investigate this, then I suggest asking Apple (perhaps via a QuickTime mailing list).  I wouldn't hold my breath, though, because Apple's support of QuickTime has recently been marginal, at best.  (These days, they seem to be more focused on 'HTTP Live Streaming' instead.)