[Live-devel] RTSP/1.0 454 Session Not Found

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Dec 28 13:37:01 PST 2012

Well, what's happening here is that - for some strange reason - the RTSP connection between your front-end client and the proxy is timing out (due to inactivity).  I say "for some strange reason" because - prior to this - the proxy was receiving periodic RTCP "RR" packets from the packets OK, but (again, for some strange reason) did not recognize these RTCP packets as indicating client 'liveness'.

You are going to have to figure out yourself why this is happening, because (1) I don't understand why it's happening, and (2) I'm not convinced that the problem is not somehow caused by your own modifications to the supplied code.  (You have already modified the code to add your own debugging printfs, but I suspect you have done more than this.)  In any case, you're on your own here.

The resulting 454 errors - in response to the front-end client's "TEARDOWN" request - are therefore understandable, but you shouldn't be caring at all about this.  The front-end client (VLC) has chosen to close the stream - which turns out to have already been closed by the proxy.  Big deal.