[Live-devel] RTSP/1.0 454 Session Not Found

Eric HEURTEL eric at sound4.biz
Mon Dec 31 02:22:32 PST 2012

Hi,

>>> At some point my RTSP source answers with error code "RTSP/1.0 454 Session
>>> Not Found" to RTSP commands but seems not being handled by RTSP client.
>>> Why? Is this an invalid error code?
>> Yes. It is usually returned by the server when the client attempts to
>> access a stream using an invalid RTSP 'session id' string. That shouldn't
>> be happening (with our RTSP client or proxy code), so I'm curious as to why
>> you're getting this error. (See below.)
> There you go. I had to "play" a little bit with it before the error occurs
> so the log is pretty big (also I added some printfs myself) but the whole
> sequence is there and you get the error at the end.
> I'm curious of how would I have to reset/close the connection so it could
> be reopened by the client to stablish a new session. If the error occurs,
> at least I would like the system to recover even if it is with a new
> session. Is this possible?

I had a problem which may be relative to this one and may help here :
RTSP client adds a '/' at the end of baseURL and cannot be used for
reconnection else a 404 Session Not Found occurs.
By "Reconnection" I mean calling sendDescribeCommand() after a
deconnection, for an automatic reconnection, without destroying the RTSP
client object.
As a workaround I had to save the original URL in an additional field
for this to work.

I'm talking of a relatively old Live version (LIVE555 2012.09.12) and
have not checked if this has been changed since.

Cheers

E. HEURTEL