[Live-devel] Garbled sound with multiple listeners

Marlon Reid Marlon at scansoft.co.za
Tue Feb 7 22:55:03 PST 2012

Hi Ross,

My application streams a single mp3 source via unicast.  Several
instances of VLC are capable of playing  a RTSP stream on a single
machine with a single sound card.  This was tested by streaming from an
instance of VLC and connecting several other instances of VLC to this
source.  In any case if someone else has this problem the solution is to
ensure that reuseFirstSource is true.  There was a bug in my code that
passed a false value to reuseFirstSource and hence the problem.

Thanks Ross.