[Live-devel] playSip

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Feb 17 18:21:31 PST 2012

> Another question: what does it take to extend the sipPlayer test program to support two-way traffic?  Sorry if that seems like a basic question but I didn't see an obvious way to do it, and didn't see it mentioned in the FAQ.

"playSIP" was intended basically as a simple 'proof of concept' - to show that code similar to the existing RTSP client code could be used to receive streams via a SIP connection as well.  However, extending its functionality to support two-way traffic (effectively, becoming an 'IP telephone') would be a major undertaking, and is not currently on the drawing board.