[Live-devel] single channel video

Vindoctor2 vindoctor2 at aol.com
Sat Feb 18 19:02:49 PST 2012

I'm trying to figure out how its possible to send a single channel 24bit video stream that needs to be lossless along side an h264 stream. I don't see a way to embedded this single channel into the h264 unless its lossy, which I cannot do.  I think I have to make a custom payload and send this extra data that way, as I know some codec will compress this single channel significantly.  The problem is I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do this with the live555 library.  The closest way that I can see how to do what I want is described in this thread. http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2009-November/011476.html  but I'm so green with live 555 and RTP I need a little more help/example of someone already extending the library to do this.  If someone knows of a payload I can use that live 555 supports, that would be the best path.  Second would be to try to figure out all the ins and outs of trying to do what that thread above describes as a solution to a problem similar to what I want to try to do.