[Live-devel] openRTSP issue in Mac OSX

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Feb 27 14:13:00 PST 2012

> My problem is that I get no audio at all

No, you are 'getting audio' just fine, as evidenced by:

> also I know that a file is created: audio-MP4A-LATM-1

The "openRTSP" application reads audio and video data from a RTSP stream, but does not 'play' it.  Instead, it just writes the incoming data to a file.

If you want to actually play the incoming audio and/or video, then you need an actual media player client - e.g., VLC.

> , I've tried adding an .mp3 extension to hear it using either VLC ot Quicktime Player to no avail.

That won't work, because the file - as noted by its name - is LATM-formatted MPEG-4 (AAC) audio, not MP3 audio.