[Live-devel] H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer problems

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 4 14:59:56 PST 2012

> >Are you setting "fFrameSize" correctly in your 'frame source' class, before you call "FramedSource::afterGetting(this)"?  (Remember to *not* count the four header bytes, because you stripped those off.)
>
> Yes, I think so. So in my example, for the first SPS NAL, I set fFrameSize to 13. For the PPS, fFrameSize is 5, etc
> Could there be a problem with fPresentationTime? Should this be set to the same value for each NAL unit in the frame?

Just calling "gettimeofday()" to get "fPresentationTime" should be OK.

> Live555 on the server seems happy, it’s just the client which rejects the stream.

If you're sure that you're delivering each NAL unit individually (i.e., not ever delivering two or more NAL units concatenated together, whether or not they have 00 00 00 01 headers inbetween), then I don't see what could be wrong.

I suggest using "openRTSP" as your client (give it the "-d <duration>" flag, to record a specific length of time).  You should end up with a file named something like "VIDEO-H264-1".  Rename this file to "test.h264".  See whether or not you can play it using VLC.  If you can't, then email it to us (if it's short) or else put it on a web server and send us the URL - so we can inspect it ourselves.