[Live-devel] H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer problems

David J Myers david.myers at panogenics.com
Fri Jan 6 04:19:10 PST 2012

You wrote:

>I suggest using "openRTSP" as your client (give it the "-d <duration>"
flag, to record a specific length of time).

>You should end up with a file named something like "VIDEO-H264-1".

>Rename this file to "test.h264".  See whether or not you can play it using
VLC.

>If you can't, then email it to us (if it's short) or else put it on a web
server and send us the URL - so we can inspect it ourselves.

Ok, OpenRTSP works, provided I use the -b option to bump up the input buffer
to handle our frame size (I used -b 1000000).

VLC can then play the file produced, however it plays them about 5 times too
fast. A 10sec clip plays in 2secs, a 30sec clip plays in 5secs.

You can download the files to test them yourself at:-

http://www.panogenics.com/stream0.h264 (a 10 second clip)

http://www.panogenics.com/stream0-001.h264 (a 30 second clip)

Thanks, David