[Live-devel] RTCP Receiver Reports use

Ricardo Acosta r63400 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 10:08:15 PST 2012

Hi Ross

We have implemented a sender and a receiver for MPEG2TS using Livemedia.

I found some old posts from 2004 talking about Receiver reports.

"Note, however, that data from RTCP "RR" (Receiver Report) packets (i.e.,

coming from receivers back to the sender) are currently not processed at

all - except to record the identity (SSRC) of the receiver.  (This allows

the sender to call the "RTCPInstance::numMembers()" member function to get

a count of the number of receivers, for example.)"

Right now I send (and receive on the client side) RTCP sender reports over
the port+1 port, but I am not able to see the Sender Receiver messages.

I tried with some other test as testMP3Streamer and testMP3receiver, and I
dont receive RTCP receive reports.

My questions are

1. Can you please let me know what do I missing to activate RR ?

2. Does now livemedia has more implementations using the receiving report?

3. In which test can we see some examples about using information from
sender report.

Thank you in advance

Ricardo Leon
Aserticom