[Live-devel] looking for motion JPEG over RTP over UDP streaming server.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jan 15 03:35:55 PST 2012

> I'm looking for an Motion JPEG over RTP over UDP streaming server (RFC2435). Can LiveStreamigServer support this?

No, the "LIVE555 Media Server" product (i.e., pre-built binary application) cannot stream motion JPEG.

However, our RTSP server implementation *can* be used - with some additional programming - to stream motion JPEG.  However, this is discouraged, because JPEG is a very poor codec for video streaming.  See http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#jpeg-streaming