[Live-devel] looking for motion JPEG over RTP over UDP streaming server.

imin imup iminimup at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 08:32:25 PST 2012

Thank you, Ross.

> However, our RTSP server implementation *can* be used - with some
> additional programming - to stream motion JPEG.

I'm a newbie on RTP. Could you please detail the additional programming?

 However, this is discouraged, because JPEG is a very poor codec for video
> streaming.  See http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#jpeg-streaming

Thanks for reminding. The application runs in embedded device over LAN and
motion JPEG is suitable for its low codec cost. It is preferred not to
support TCP if possible. So I'm wondering in its simplest form, will it
work if I only implement an RTP streaming server (2435) without RTSP? Kind
like RTP push streamer. Let's suppose server knows the client address/port
and it uses fixed profile.

Best
Imin