[Live-devel] vc++ solution file(s)

Jer Morrill Jeremiah.Morrill at econnect.tv
Wed Jan 18 09:44:09 PST 2012

Visual Studio 2010 is what I use for development on Windows.  I found it to be no more than a 15 minute process to make a visual studio solution for Live555, which is not even necessary because of the make files the author uses.  It's only my opinion, but I don't believe the author should be responsible for maintaining a VS solution and I find the make files to be a great cross platform solution.

Here's how my VS solution looks (nothing magic):
Static Library Project for: BasicUsageEnvironment directory
Static Library Project for: groupsock directory
Static Library Project for: liveMedia directory
Static Library Project for: UsageEnvironment directory

To compile the examples in VS, simply create a new Win32 Console project template, add source files, the libs from BasicUsageEnviroment, groupsock, liveMedia and UsageEnvironment, add your header paths and you'll be on your way.

-Jer