[Live-devel] General tips would be appreciated

Aleksandar Milenkovic Aleksandar.Milenkovic at rt-rk.com
Mon Jan 23 06:01:18 PST 2012

After some more digging and looking through testApps (such as
testOndemandRTSPServer) i saw this

ServerMediaSession* sms = ServerMediaSession::createNew(*env,
streamName, streamName, descriptionString);

sms->addSubsession(H264VideoFileServerMediaSubsession::createNew(*env,
inputFileName, reuseFirstSource));
     rtspServer->addServerMediaSession(sms);

So I figured that in order to stream anything, I need to pass it to
H264VideoFileServerMediaSubsession... then I looked into the
H264VideoFileServerMediaSubsession class to find that it references
ByteStreamFileSource... now, from previous message and looking thru docs
i realized that all I need to do is swap the ByteStreamFileSource with
ByteStreamMemoryBufferSource (since I don't have the file and the byte[]
containing video data is just sitting there waiting to be consumed)

So i should be able to write a
H264VideoMemoryBufferServerMediaSubsession that uses MemoryBuffer
instead of File and feed that to my ServerMediaSession and subsequently
rtspServer and it should work?

Alternatively (sorry for bad spelling btw) should I perhaps adapt
MPEG2TSFileSubsession to use the MemoryBufferSource since my byte[]
holds raw TS data? Thank you in advance for quick and precise answers.

Kind regards,
Aleksandar

P.S. I've read the FAQ last time, the part I think you were referring to
wasn't really referring to me :) esp the one about not reading the FAQ.

*Aleksandar Milenkovic*
Software Engineer

Phone: +381-(0)21-4801-139
Fax: +381-(0)21-450-721