[Live-devel] General tips would be appreciated

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jan 20 13:14:39 PST 2012

> Basically, I'm not-so-politely asking how to break up the Media Server app into pieces

The "LIVE555 Media Server" application is meant to be a standalone application, for use - unmodified - by end users.  In particular, it was not intended to be used as a model for programmers who are developing their own RTSP server-based applications.  For that purpose, you should instead look at the code for "testOnDemandRTSPServer" (in the "testProgs" directory).  And you should read the FAQ (as you were asked to do before posting to the mailing list).  It contains at least one entry that relates (I think) to what you are trying to do.

> I'd like to avoid reimplementing UsageEnvironments and TaskSchedulers if possible, and only delete/move the code around :)

This code is Open Source; you can do whatever you like with it (subject, of course, to the LGPL).  However, if you choose to modify the supplied source code (rather than extending it via subclassing), you are far less likely to get support on this mailing list.