[Live-devel] Server disconnects clients every 60 seconds

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 26 01:42:14 PST 2012

> >The problem is your client.  It is apparently not sending any periodic RTCP "RR" packets - which it is supposed to do as per the RTP/RTCP standard.
> But my RTSP server (based on TestOnDemandRTSPServer) doesn’t start RTCP (or RTP).

Huh?  If your RTSP server is "based on testOnDemandRTSPServer", then it most certainly *is* 'starting' both RTP and RTCP.  That's what a unicast RTSP server does.  You seem very confused here.

But the issue here is your *client*.  It is apparently not sending back periodic RTCP "RR" (Reception Report) packets in response to the RTP packets that it's receiving from the server.  That's why the server is timing out the stream

This doesn't happen with VLC as a client, because VLC properly sends back RTCP packets.  ("GET_PARAMETER" has nothing to do with this.)