[Live-devel] H264, MPEG4, MJPEG recording and streaming with proper timming information.

Ivan Mayo ivan.mayo.calvo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 02:03:09 PST 2012

Hello,

I am currently developing some stream recorder software based on Live 555
libs, I am recording mpeg4, h264 and mjpeg and streaming it later using
XXXFileServerMediaSubsession. The main problem here is that, as files
contain raw recorded stream, i don´t have any timing information as
framerate or each image timestamp, if i want to seek to some exact
timestamp i can only do it estimating the byte where to seek the file but
it is quite imprecise if you want to have an accuracy of about some hundred
miliseconds.

My question is how is it meant to recordo those streams with timing
information and the proper streaming parameters as the framerate, should I
use AVIFileSinker? if so I think there is not any
AVIFileServerMediaSubsession as an example, is there any example on how to
stream an AVI. Wich is the best way for you to record that RTSP streams
with that kind of timing acurracy for later streaming?

It turns out that the H264 streams that i am recording do not containg any
VUI on their SEI NAL units.

I do also have the problem with MJPEG becouse I don´t know how to get the
qFactor of JPEG frames for the stream, I know that JPEGVideoRTPSource knows
about it but i don´t know how to sink it to the file and wich should be the
best file format used to record a MJPEG stream with timing information.

Thank you very much and best regards.