[Live-devel] About the H264 over RTP FA

Chai, Zheng (Ajax) ajax.chai at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Jul 2 02:59:48 PDT 2012

Dear Live555 DEV,

First thank you give the guide line on how to let Live555 to take input from a live source (H264 pictures over RTP) http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast.
I followed this guideline and made it successfully to receive the H264/RTP Live Stream from a live source (which sends Single NAL Unit Packet). However, I encountered one problem as following and need your help and clarification.

The problem is: if I send H264 over RTP/UDP with Fragmentation Units (FUs-A)  then Live555 failed to parse this live stream. I have to use FUs-A since Single NAL unit packet is less network efficient, and I will seperate the source H264/RTP/UDP package into FUs-As and send them one by one to Live555. Please give some suggestions on that how to make Live555 receive/parse FUs-A. Thanks a lot. It will be appreciated if you can point me some existing codes examples on this.

BR

Ajax Chai