[Live-devel] Trick Play and the Live 555 Server

Michael L. Boom mboom at channelislands.com
Mon Jul 2 12:25:49 PDT 2012

I am writing a proxy for VOD servers.  I am using the Live 555 server for testing.  The version I have is about 1 year old.  How can I tell, from the source code, what version I have? If I say play range npt=30-60 at scale 1 it works. If I say play range npt=30-60 at scale 2 it goes way beyond 60 before it stops. Is (or was) this a bug or am I using it wrong. Also, what player would you suggest to test the rewind. The VLC player doesn't seem to support it (or am I using that wrong also). Can you recommend any other free RTSP servers that I can test with? If I want to play backwards from time 60 to time 30 do I just say Range: npt=60-30 or Range: npt=30-60? What scale should I use for rewind? Any info would be greatly appreciated.