[Live-devel] split live ts packets

Yuan, Chao (Chao)** CTR ** chao.yuan at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Jul 13 00:45:03 PDT 2012

Hi, All
 First ,
I'm really sorry about posting the same question to the mailing list twice yesterday.
Because my mail box  received the mail which I sent, I thought I wrote a wrong mail address , but after I sent the same mail once again, and received the mail again, I  recognized I have made a mistake. I am really sorry!

Now I will post my question:
My work is, one android phone send live ts packets to live555 server, other phones can connected to live555 rtsp server and can play the ts packets (I use ffmpeg to decode and play,because ffmpeg support rtsp protocol)
Now these works have done.

But these works can not save/store the live ts packets to local file, under Ross Finlayson's help, I resolve the problem, I can save the ts packets to a local file, for example: test.ts.[1]

My ts encoder is h264/video, aac/audio. The h264 encoder only have I frame and P frame, no B frame.
But now I need to save the ts packets to a serial of files, like this:
 When live555 server receive a I frame, I will save the next packets to 1.ts until the server receive next I frame.
Because my ts only have I frame and P frame, thus 1.ts contains: I P P P P P P P P P....
2.ts contains: I P P P P P P P...
3.ts contains: I P P P P P P P....

The all small ts files can be combined to a big ts file: test.ts, the same as the [1].

I think one solution: I write another program to detected the test.ts file, and split it to 1.ts 2.ts 3.ts 4.ts ....  until no  live ts packets coming.

Or may anyone can tell me some other solution?

BR,
Chao, Yuan