[Live-devel] Issue with proxyserver and multiple clients

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jul 15 19:36:50 PDT 2012

> I am currently using the latest version of the live555 proxy server to connect to a Vivotek IP camera streaming H264 over RTSP.  Whenever  I view the unicast stream from the proxy server with a single client everything works fine. However, when I connect a second client the first client freezes. I have tried both VLC and Quicktime to view the stream and the same thing happens on both. I am running on a 64 bit Windows 7 platform.
>
> Any assistance would be much appreciated.

As stated (in boldface) on our web page:
	If you are having trouble with the proxy server, then we recommend using the "-V" option to try to figure out what's wrong.

Also, I suggest running "testRTSPClient" (rather than VLC or QuickTime Player) as your RTSP client, at least initially, to help figure out what's happening.

It would also be useful to know if the problem that you're seeing (with the first client 'freezing' when the second client connects) happens when the two clients are running on different computers, or only if the two clients are running on the same computer.