[Live-devel] Problem stopping and restarting an RTSP client

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jul 16 14:27:05 PDT 2012

> This is not a server problem. When I'm having the problem restarting the stream to Live555, the VLC client is still happily receiving and displaying video.

OK, so if the problem is not at the server, then it must be the client's OS that's wedged (somehow).  The problem is probably *not* with the application-level (i.e., LIVE555 code).  (Note that VLC also uses the LIVE555 library for its RTSP client support.)

Is the working VLC client running on the same computer as your wedged client?  I.e., once your client application stops working, are any other RTSP client applications able to work on the same computer?  If you terminated the wedged client application, are you then able to restart it OK?