[Live-devel] Unable to stream RTSP using Live555 proxy server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jul 16 17:05:31 PDT 2012

> We would be grateful if you could elaborate on what you mean by non-standard metadata

I mean that the "metadata" keyword used in the following SDP lines in your camera's stream:

	m=metadata 0 RTP/AVP 97
	a=rtpmap:97 METADATA/64000

are non-standard - i.e., not defined by any IETF RFC (or even a pre-standard Internet Draft).  Therefore, because we have no way of knowing what this data is (and how it is supposed to be carried in RTP packets) we do not (and will not) proxy them.  (The video and audio (if any) substreams, however, can be proxied just fine, provided that you use the latest version of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code.)