[Live-devel] How to remove ServerMediaServer dynamically

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jul 16 17:11:03 PDT 2012

> 	I am using live555 media server. I am trying to remove media by calling RTSPServer::removeServerMediaSession(session);

The code for "LIVE555 Media Server" application is not intended to be modified (especially by casual hobbyists).  (Note that the "LIVE555 Media Server" will remove "ServerMediaSession" objects automatically if you remove its underlying file, so you shouldn't need to modify the server's code to do this.)

Instead, you should develop your own server application (perhaps using the "testOnDemandRTSPServer" demo application).

> This media is created by calling RTSPServer::addServerMediaSession(session); The problem is live555 server will complain "BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep(): select() fails: Bad file descriptor" then abort immediately.

Sorry, but I can't explain this (and because you have modified the code, I can't help you here).