[Live-devel] Some project organization advice

Sid Price sidprice at softtools.com
Tue Jul 17 10:43:55 PDT 2012

Hi Ross,

I am going to be moving forward with a couple of implementations using
Live555 on embedded platforms using Windows Compact 7. My initial work
required a lot of changes to deal with the fact that all the systems are
headless and the printfs etc are not supported. As you know there are lots
of places that report debug data by that method so I had updated the code to
use the serial debug message port on the platform. Relaticley simple edits
but lots of them.

My question is how best to do these extensive changes so that going forward
I can make easiest use of the trunk code as you update it? So far I think
the only way is going to be by using some kind of diff/merge utility. Any
other suggestions?

Many thanks for you continued support of this valuable code base,

Sid.