[Live-devel] Stream m4e file

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 12 15:00:06 PDT 2012

> I am using LIVE555MediaServer to generate anstream of test.m4e file.
> While I am playing generated stram in VLC it is not playing properly.
> Picture qlity is bad and sound not coming.

Note that ".m4e" files *must* be "MPEG-4 Video Elementary Stream" files - i.e., MPEG-4 video-only files (with no audio or anything else).  Your problem is almost certainly that your file is not valid.  (I suspect that you tried to rename a ".mp4" or ".mpg" as ".m4e" - you can't do this!)

For examples of valid ".m4e" files that you can use, see the URL mentioned in the FAQ.