[Live-devel] Receiving H264/MPEG4 over RTP

Luis Brocan Broki brocanhu86 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 00:58:53 PDT 2012

Hi everyone!

We are currently trying to make an small video player that receives rtp.

We want to receive a streaming incoming from VLC in RTP/MPEG TS format
using Live555 and inject the data to ffmpeg. Unfortunately we are not
experts in this libs and we are having heavy problems with sps, pps, vols,
and so on...

Currently we are receiving the data using a SimpleRTPSource, with a
MPEG1or2Demux and playing a Demuxer->newVideoStream with a custom Sink (for
grabbing frame data) which derives from MediaSink.

The result is that is not working at all, ffmpeg complains about PES packet
size mismacht, and we think that we are not using the correct classes in
Live555.

We want to receive H264 (top priority) and MPEG4 using only RTP. We see
also a bunch of classes like H264VideoRTPSink, H264VideoRTPSource, but we
dont known how to use them (to grab the data for inject it to ffmpeg) or if
this classes are for sending or receiving RTP, or if they must be only used
with RTCP/RTSP clients :(

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!