[Live-devel] Receiving H264/MPEG4 over RTP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 19 01:21:51 PDT 2012

> We are currently trying to make an small video player that receives rtp.

Do 'we' not have our own domain name? :-)

> We want to receive a streaming incoming from VLC in RTP/MPEG TS format using Live555 and inject the data to ffmpeg. Unfortunately we are not experts in this libs and we are having heavy problems with sps, pps, vols, and so on...

Note that our library does not demultiplex Transport Stream data.  Therefore, you must pass this data to your decoder 'as is'; the LIVE555 code will not know anything about the audio/video contents of the Transport Stream

> Currently we are receiving the data using a SimpleRTPSource, with a MPEG1or2Demux

No, this is completely wrong.  A "MPEG1or2Demux" is used only for MPEG Program Streams.

Because you're receiving Transport Stream data, you merely use a "SimpleRTPSource", and the feed the resulting (Transport Stream) data into your decoder.  After that, no LIVE555 code is involved (because we don't do decoding).

For an example, see the code for the "testMPEG2TransportReceiver" demo application.