[Live-devel] Detect proxy name before being proccessed

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 19 12:31:06 PDT 2012

> Good afternoon. At this moment i'm needing to be able to detect what is the proxy name a RTSPServer is being asked for, so i could be able to parse the request path and build a RTSPProxyServerMedia on demand with the requested data.

If I correctly understand your question, what you're asking for is how to build a proxy server that installs, on demand, new "ProxyServerMediaSession" objects, based upon the stream name in the URL that each client requests.

The way you would do this is to subclass "RTSPServer" and redefine the virtual function "lookupServerMediaSession()", in almost exactly the same way that this is done for the "DynamicRTSPServer" code that's used to implement the "LIVE555 Media Server" application.  See, for illustration, the code in the "mediaServer" directory.

You should *not* need to modify the supplied "ProxyServerMediaSession" or "RTSPServer" code to do this.