[Live-devel] Detect proxy name before being proccessed

Jesús Leganés jesus.lc at vaelsys.com
Wed Jun 20 01:15:31 PDT 2012

> If I correctly understand your question, what you're asking for is how to
> build a proxy server that installs, on demand, new
> "ProxyServerMediaSession" objects, based upon the stream name in the URL
> that each client requests.
>
> Exactly: on our scheme, the proxy names will have embeded the data
required to connect to the remote camera, so if you try to access to a
camera that don't have been proxied yet, you can parse the required proxy
name create a new proxy automatically on demand.

> The way you would do this is to subclass "RTSPServer" and redefine the
> virtual function "lookupServerMediaSession()", in almost exactly the same
> way that this is done for the "DynamicRTSPServer" code that's used to
> implement the "LIVE555 Media Server" application.  See, for illustration,
> the code in the "mediaServer" directory.
>
> Ok, this seems nicer to me :-) First try to find and return a proxy, and
if it doesn't exists, try to create and return a new one. I like it :-)

> You should *not* need to modify the supplied "ProxyServerMediaSession" or
> "RTSPServer" code to do this.
>
> Of course, when i was talking about overwrite the methods i was thinking
about doing it in a child class... :-D

--
Jesús Leganés Combarro <jesus.lc at vaelsys.com>
Software developer at Vaelsys <http://www.vaelsys.com>