[Live-devel] Help required to identify the RTSP connection closed status

Kalkere, Giridhara(IE10) Giridhara.Kalkere at Honeywell.com
Thu Jun 21 10:10:50 PDT 2012

Dear All,

Background:
I am using the camera which is a RTSP server which streams the MPEG4 video.
On the other hand I am using linux based small embedded system which is a RTSP client.
The LIVE555 streaming media libraries are used to write a small application which can record the camera video stream.

Problem:
My RTSP client application connects to the camera the recording is proper.
But when I switch off the camera or unplug it from network I couldn't not able to get the connection closed status I mean its not coming out of play call.
When monitored using netstat command the port 554 status will be TIME_WAIT and then get closes.

Please help me to understand its behaviour

Thanks and Regards,
Giri