[Live-devel] bit/byte rate

Ketan Gholap ketangholap1990 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 00:22:17 PDT 2012

*
 Hello Sir

U are right if write videoSink->octetCount inside the after playing
function we get a non zero value,as after playing function is called after
the streaming has completed but then how can we print the bit/byte rate
during streaming the file.
Please help to find the bit rate when the file is actual streaming not
after the streaming is done.

   i try'ed calculating the bit/byte rate using the method mentioned below´
as

int o1=videoSink->octetCount();
 videoSink->startPlaying(*videoSource, afterPlaying, videoSink);

int o2=videoSink->octetCount();

At both times the value of o1 and o2 are zero.

That's because the call to "startPlaying()" merely sets up the objects to
handle streaming.  The actual streaming (reception) doesn't happen until
later, when you enter the event loop.

If you instead check "videoSink->octetCount()" inside the "afterPlaying()"
function - i.e., after the streaming has completed, then you'll see a
non-zero count.

 *