[Live-devel] openRTSP Test Program Fails to Export a File

Layne Berge Layne.Berge.1 at my.ndsu.edu
Sat Mar 3 19:29:36 PST 2012

>> Is it possible to not specify a frame-rate?
>
> Of course.  However - due to the limitations of the ".mov"/".mp4" file format - if you omit this parameter (or if the frame rate varies), it's unlikely that you'll end up with a file that you'll be able to play.

Thanks to your help, I have a working client to record the live stream.  However, I haven't found a solution for the camera I'm using as a source to output a static frame-rate; it keeps varying because of network traffic.  As a solution, I want to look at the time between received frames.  If it is greater than the time corresponding to a set frame-rate, say 30 fps, I will simply insert the previous frame 'n' times in order to make up the time difference.  As for non integer values of 'n', I'll just keep track of the residual and insert another when it becomes > 1.

The question I have for you is whether this is a good idea or is there a better method which you can think of?  Any advice is appreciated.