[Live-devel] Live555 server and VLC playback problem

Kumar Sambhav sambhav at saranyu.in
Mon Mar 5 13:56:11 PST 2012

Hi,

I have Live555 RTSP server running on a machine (Amazon EC2) that has a private IP address and an internet routable public IP address.
When I try to play this stream using VLC (Version 1.1.7 ) it says "live555 warning. no data received for 10s. Switching to TCP"

One issue i found is SDP was having private IP address.
During SDP creation the getsockname is called to get the ip address which was returning private IP address. I modified this to put public IP address.
After this modification also, still not able to play it via UDP. It waits for a timeout period and switches to TCP.

From debug prints I see that RTSP Server is sending out UDP data.
There is no firewall on the machine running VLC.

Any idea what can be going wrong ?

Regards,
Sambhav