[Live-devel] Live555 server and VLC playback problem

Kumar Sambhav sambhav at saranyu.in
Mon Mar 5 21:52:23 PST 2012

I updated to VLC version 2.0 and its working fine with RTP over UDP.
Only with older versions the problem exists.  Even FFPlay has same issue, times out and switches to TCP

Also  tested with Quicktime and gstreamer. RTP over UDP works fine with these clients.

Since the behavior is client specific, is there anything missed by the server which is getting ignored by few clients and not by others ?