[Live-devel] Help with RTP/RTCP relay implementation

hfsamb-cel at yahoo.com.br hfsamb-cel at yahoo.com.br
Tue Mar 6 09:26:40 PST 2012

I am creating an RTP/UDP relay that encrypts raw MPEG2TS streams. On the incoming side I used an RTPSource plus an RTCPInstance in client mode and on the outgoing side I used an RTPSink and an RTCPInstance in server mode.

The encrypting function is implemented in a subclass of framed filter which I use as a source to the RTPSink. I have tested the encryption implementation using a FileSink and it seems to be working fine.

I have been using VLC to send the RTP stream to the relay but in the client the same video as the source is seen without encryption.

I guess that the RTCP is being relayed but somehow the RTP is going straight from the source to the client. Is that a possible explanation? Am I missing something in my implementation?

Best regards,
Henrique