[Live-devel] Rtsp connection issues

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Sat Mar 10 06:34:24 PST 2012

I am using live555 in my project and am connecting to lots of cameras. I Used to connect to all of the cameras before I rewrote to use the async interface. I closely modeled the playcommon.cpp used in openrtsp.

For some reason about 25-50% of the cameras are now having connection issues and I am trying to figure out what I have done wrong.

It seems like it may be a latency or timing issue as it goes quickly thru the options,describe,setup, and play but never starts the background task for incomingdayhandler.

If by way of comparison, I connect with vlc, it takes 15 secs or more to connect. If I use vlc on linux it connects in under 2 seconds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

I sent this last night from my phone to the wrong address :(
I have been debugging and I see in wireshark the video is sent. I see from breakpoints that it is incrementing fNumActiveSourcesSinceLastReset but then it resets a few seconds later.

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

  Jeff Shanab, Manager, Software Engineering
  D 630.633.4515  | C 630.453.7764 | F 630.633.4815  |  jshanab at smartwire.com
  [Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: sig4] <https://twitter.com/#!/WindyCityWire>   [Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: sig3] <http://www.youtube.com/user/WindyCityWire>   [Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: sig2] <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Windy-City-Wire/270745609656461>