[Live-devel] RAM requirement- Live555

Ashfaque ashfaque at iwavesystems.com
Mon Mar 12 23:58:06 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

We are designing a system with a camera interface and streaming the video with Live555 over Wifi. The receiver will be same another system with Wifi module to display the video to a Client PC.

I want to know the minimum memory requirement for Live555. We have decided following memory layout with a 64MB RAM.

Heap – 3MB
Data Section – 3MB
Stack – 3MB
Kernel Binary – 5MB
File System, Library and Executables – 50 MB

We need to do streaming to more than one client system at the same time.

Is a RAM memory of 64 MB is sufficient? I had gone through the Live555 FAQ’s, but did not found any answers. Please anyone tell me the memory requirements.

Please
Thanks & Regards,
Ashfaque