[Live-devel] RAM requirement- Live555

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Mar 13 12:30:39 PDT 2012

> We are designing a system with a camera interface and streaming the video with Live555 over Wifi. The receiver will be same another system with Wifi module to display the video to a Client PC.
>
> I want to know the minimum memory requirement for Live555.

It's difficult, if not impossible, to answer questions like this, because the answer depends on so many things:
- What CPU architecture you're using
- What OS you're using
- What compiler you're using
- What other runtime libraries you're using

and, most importantly,
- What specifically you want to do with the LIVE555 code.

Realistically, the only thing you can do is compile and build one of the demo applications (or the "LIVE555 Media Server") - similar to an application that you want to build yourself - for your environment, and examine its memory usage yourself.