[Live-devel] RTSP server delivers HTTP 404 describe response to certain clients

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Mar 26 00:55:36 PDT 2012

> I am using the StreamUCast.cpp file to run an RTSP server

"StreamUCast.cpp" is not our file.  It seems that you are working from the code for someone else's RTSP server application (that happens to be using our code).  If that's the case, then perhaps you should first ask whoever it was who provided you with the "StreamUCast.cpp" file?

But anyway, you talk about getting "HTTP - 404" responses.  You should not be trying to access the server using HTTP (unless you really know what you're doing, and are using RTSP-over-HTTP tunneling)?  Instead, at least at first, you should be accessing the stream using RTSP only.

> I have tried the RTSP client code provided in testProgs, but as expected I get the same "HTTP - 404" error in the continueAfterDESCRIBE function.

Once again, why are you getting ***HTTP*** errors.  I suggest that you first try using our (unmodified!) "testRTSPClient" application.  If you continue to get HTTP (rather than RTSP) responses from your server, then there is something badly wrong with the way that you (or someone else) made use of (or modified) the LIVE555 RTSP server code, in which case I'm not going to be able to help you.