[Live-devel] RTSP server delivers HTTP 404 describe response tocertain clients

Shaheed Abdol Shaheed at scansoft.co.za
Mon Mar 26 04:58:25 PDT 2012

Good morning Ross,

Firstly, thank you for the notification about the file name issue. It
seems the previous developer copied the testOnDemandRTSPServer code,
modified and saved it so a file named StreamUCast. My initial subject
line is incorrect - it should say "RTSP - 404 ...", which is generated
in the RTSPServer class - due to the RTPSink not being created in the
createNewRTPSink function.

I have poured over the FAQ and mailing list and have written my own
FramedSource class which encapsulates my live device source, and an
MP4VideoRTPSink which does nothing. I have replaced the MP4VideoRTPSink
with the MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink in the createNewRTPSink function in my
COnDemandSubsession class. This allows me to connect to my subsession,
but the frames I'm getting are not valid. I am using the unmodified
testRTSPClient and VLC to get the data for the frames. I have found a
previous issue: "Live555 Streaming from a live source", where you
instruct the developers to insert an MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer
downstream which will handle the data. I'm sure I must be a bother by
now, but a little bit more background on this would be appreciated,
since I cannot return the mp4 discrete framer from my createNewRTPSink
function. I am returning a derived DeviceSource instance which allows me
to get live data from the createNewStreamSource function. I'm not
exactly sure how to insert the MPEG4DiscreteFramer in this sequence of
filters. Should I allow my derived DeviceSource to inherit from the
discrete framer, or should I simply return the discrete framer from the
createNewStreamSource function? I do not see any method for the
FramedSource to query the OnDemandVideoInputSubsession (my own class)
for video data, and the DeviceSource class is (should be) the last
filter in the sequence.

Thank you
Regards

Shaheed Abdol