[Live-devel] why RTCP BYE does not invoke client's "TEARDOWN"

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Mar 26 22:45:37 PDT 2012

>   What's more,I find a new question.
>   It seems that the referenceCount in class ServerMediaSession is not zero after the client have "TEARDOWN"ed  this session(with two subsessions).
>
>   For a session have two subsessions, the below increasement  is called twice, because it have two "SETUP", each for a subsession.
>   in RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession::handleCmd_SETUP()
>   fOurServerMediaSession->incrementReferenceCount();
>
>   But in RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession::~RTSPClientSession(), the below decrement is called only once.
>     fOurServerMediaSession->decrementReferenceCount();
>
>   And I printed the fReferenceCount, it's not zero after ~RTSPClientSession(). Is this right? or have I mis-understood the meaning of fReferenceCount?

No, you've discovered a bug; thank you!

(It's not a serious bug; it means just that if you remove multi-track "ServerMediaSession" objects from a server (something that isn't done very much), you can end up with a small memory leak.  Nonetheless, it will be fixed in an upcoming release of the software.)