[Live-devel] Correct use of RTSPClient->sendTeardownCommand

Marlon Reid Marlon at scansoft.co.za
Thu Mar 29 01:36:00 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am streaming a file from the server to the client. When the file ends,
the SubsessionByeHandler in my client is called, which in turn calls the
SubsessionAfterPalying in the client.  What I want to do is send a
teardown command back to the server at this point, so that the server
knows that the file has reached its end. I had a look at
RTSPClient->sendTeardownCommand, but I am not sure how to specify which
function to call in the server.

My questions :

a) Is RTSPClient->sendTeardownCommand the correct way to send a teardown
to the server?  If so, how do I use it?
b) Is there a way for the server itself to see when a file has reached
its end?
c) What do you feel is the best way to handle something like this?

Thank you again for all your assistance.