[Live-devel] increaseReceiveBufferTo or setReceiveBuffersize double buffer Size in BasicUDPSource class

Ricardo Acosta ricardo at kafemeeting.com
Mon May 7 07:08:49 PDT 2012

Hi Ross

We are calling the class BasicUDPSource in our code, when we use
increaseReceiveBufferTo or setReceiveBufferTo we got double the size that
we put.

Just to be sure we printed out before and after doing the increase/set.

std::cerr << "Buffer size before " <<
getReceiveBufferSize(*env,udpGroupSock->socketNum()) << std::endl;

 setReceiveBufferTo(*env,udpGroupSock->socketNum(),500*1024);

std::cerr << "Buff' size after " <<
getReceiveBufferSize(*env,udpGroupSock->socketNum()) << std::endl;

We got the following informations

Buffer size before 126976

(In fact this amount is more than the standard size of 50 x 1024 declared
in the BasicUDPSource class)

Buffer size after 1024000

which is the double of 500K
We are doing something wrong ? Since we are having some artefacts in our
video, we dont know if the buffer is cutting up some packets.

Thank you
Ricardo