[Live-devel] http problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon May 7 16:25:01 PDT 2012

> i got some raw h264 files from the link http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/public/264/ and converted it into .ts and .tsx and tryed to stream it using live media server using RTSP tunneling over HTTP,my vlc player doesn't play the files when i stream it using server.My vlc player is able to play the .ts files if i play them them individually .i.e.not streaming through live media server.
> What is the problem.???

At least some versions of VLC have a problem receiving RTSP/RTP streams tunneled over HTTP.  (Unfortunately, whenever I mention this to the VLC folks, they're not able to reproduce the problem themselves, so the problem doesn't get fixed :-(

However, the server still supports this OK; you can verify this by running the "openRTSP" client with the "-T <http-port-number>" option.