[Live-devel] RTSPserver rangeStart > duration with duration=0

PROMONET Michel michel.promonet at thalesgroup.com
Mon May 14 10:15:16 PDT 2012

                Hi Ross,

Could you help us to understand the behaviour of RTSP server play when no duration is specified.

In RTSPServer.cpp :
  // Make sure that "rangeStart" and "rangeEnd" (from the client's "Range:" header) have sane values
  // before we send back our own "Range:" header in our response:
  if (rangeStart < 0.0) rangeStart = 0.0;
  else if (rangeStart > duration) rangeStart = duration;
  if (rangeEnd < 0.0) rangeEnd = 0.0;
  else if (rangeEnd > duration) rangeEnd = duration;

This makes that when client send RTSP play with "Range: npt=25-", the 25 is ignored.
Is it possible to change this line with something like " else if (rangeStart > duration && duration!=0) rangeStart = duration;"

Thanks for your support.

Best Regards,

                Michel.

[@@THALES GROUP RESTRICTED@@]