[Live-devel] RTSPserver rangeStart > duration with duration=0

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon May 14 14:16:40 PDT 2012

> Could you help us to understand the behaviour of RTSP server play when no duration is specified.

Quite simply: If a stream has no duration, then seeking is not supported - at all.  (Streams without a duration are usually either 'live' streams, or else are from a file for which (because of the media type) we could not determine its duration.  In either case, 'seeking' wouldn't really make sense.)