[Live-devel] RTSPserver rangeStart > duration with duration=0

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue May 15 08:35:05 PDT 2012

> The problem we have is not exactly this, if the answer to the DESCRIBE send to the player the duration, when the player send a PLAY with a range "25-" (ommiting duration not setting it to 0) the range is cleared by the RTSPServer implementation.
>
> But perhaps it's better to answer to the PLAY with a correct range instead of reseting it using the input range ?

But the server *is* answering the "PLAY" request with a correct range.  It's not doing any seeking at all (because the stream has no duration, seeking to 25 seconds makes no sense); therefore it's response says what it actually does.  A response "range of "0-" correct here; a response range of "25-" certainly would not be.