[Live-devel] simple NAL unit data streamer

Sudan Landge - Kopera sudan at koperasw.com
Wed May 16 07:06:42 PDT 2012

Hello Ross,

I have a streamer source that continuously gives me NAL unit data. I
want to stream this data using live555 streamer.
I went through the testH264VideoStreamer application and found out that,
it has the following components:

                         ByteStreamFileSource    ->    StreamPaser
->    H264FUAFragmenter    ->    RTPSink

Now the output of "H264FUAFragmenter" code gives you    = >    H264 data
+ headers + identifiers (if required i.e. large NAL unit data are present);
this output (NAL unit data) is fed to the RTPSink which through
RTPInterface sends them over UDP.
We already have a source which gives us this data(NAL unit data) so, our
requirement is, a streamer which will get this NAL unit data and stream it.

In short you can say that we need a streamer which has a NAL unit data
source instead of byteStreamFileSource (or something similar to it).

Could you please point me to an application that simply takes NAL unit
data and streams it ?
if there is no such application available then, could you please provide
me with guidelines to implement one (maybe writing a subclass or something)?

Please correct me wherever I am wrong.

Thanks and regards,
Sudan